Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Texas Christmas!
















Merry Christmas Everyone!
We are having a wonderful Christmas! Julia is such a happy girl and has become so much more relaxed since last year. She was so excited for the big day to arrive. We spent Christmas Eve with Lindsay and her family plus my parents are in from east Tennessee.
My job as a school counselor is going very well and I work with some wonderful people. My principal and her husband are in Ukraine as I type this picking up their new son. She has described Ukraine so well and you can read about her experiences at http://www.adoptinggrady.blogspot.com/.
Julia's appointment at Scottish Rite hospital went very well in October. Her spine has straightened some to a 69 degree curve. That combined with a little growing has added a whole inch to her heigth! She is now 36 1/2 inches tall! They wanted to do an MRI on her spine so that was performed in November. There is some compression on her spinal cord in her neck, but there's no emergency to do any operation. The only symptom we see is the urgency to go to the bathroom with no lead time.

She and her friend Leah Hope, New Day graduate, had a wonderful playdate right before Thanksgiving. They both discussed their experiences at New Day and talked about a Nanny that they really liked while there. Julia told me that she is so happy that she has Leah to talk to because she knew her in China before America.
This has been such a wonderful year and we have seen such emotional growth in Julia. God has blessed us richly and I pray that all of you have a blessed New Year!




















4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful update!!! Thanks for sharing with us! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE seeing your update and hearing about Miss Julia! It doesn't surprise me at all that she has blossomed so beautifully in such a loving home. I love to hear about her growth, both physically and emotionally!! She is clearly thriving and what joy to have Leah so close so they can stay in touch. God is good! <><

    Happy New Year and many blessings to you all!!

    love,
    ~ Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is such a blessing to read. Sometimes I stop and wonder where the children I met in 2008 are and how they are doing? So, it's nice to be able to read of their adventures in the States and knowing they found good homes. Even though I only knew Julia and her friends for a month, May 2008, it seems they will forever be a part of who I am. I wanted to share a couple pictures I have of Julia from my time in China. There is one located here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.511024671092.2032173.79101432&type=1&l=d94833d956

    and there is one of her and Leah located here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.511024162112.2032172.79101432&type=3&l=2e0fe5c3a7

    I remember Julia being a very happy child. I can still hear her giggle in my memories. She was very energetic and very friendly. I could tell this little girl was definitely a beam of sunshine. :-) Glad to hear Julia is doing so well in school and enjoys swimming so much. It was also special to hear that her and Leah were able to have play-dates together, that is really special. Always in my prayers. :-) -Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's also in this slide show, located here: http://hopetruthlove.blogspot.com/2012/04/remembering-my-trip-to-china.html

    ReplyDelete